For Information, please, contact:
224 96 5917
Ph.D. position - information here
Institute of Pathological Physiology
U Nemocnice 5 , Praha 2, 128 53
tel: +420 224 965 901
fax: +420 224 965 916
e-mail: email@example.com Head: Prof. Martin Vokurka, MD, PhD
Welcome at the Institute of Pathological Physiology!
The Institute of Pathological Physiology is one of the teaching and research departments of the First Faculty of Medicine.
Our web pages include information for students and information about our research activities. We invite you to explore our Web site and encourage you to contact us with questions or comments.
- Pathophysiology for 3rd year General medicine students
- Pathophysiology for 3rd year Dentistry students
- Pathology and pathophysiology and Pathophysiology of nutrition for Bc. and MSc. programms of 1st Faculty of Mediciene, Charles University in Prague (only in Czech)
- Postgraduate doctoral programe (PhD)
Information about teaching in academic year 2021/2022 at the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University can be found here
Basic and translational biomedical research to explore the etiology and pathogenesis of diseases is performed by several research groups of our department. We use cell biology, functional genomics and proteomics techniques to identify the mechanisms of cell, tissue, and organ defects. Research fields include experimental hematology and oncology (stem cells, transcription control, experimental therapy and diagnosis of malignancies, iron metabolism) , proteomics, mathematical modeling of nervous system.
See more in section Science and Research.
* Elizabeth Lemm, Beatriz Valle-Argos, Lindsay Smith, Johanna Richter, Yohannes Gebreselassie, Mathew Carter, Jana Karolova, Michael Svaton, Karel Helman, Nicola Weston-Bell, Laura Karydis, Christopher Williamson, Georg Lenz, Jeremy Pettigrew, Curtis Harwig, Freda Stevenson, Mark Cragg, Francesco Forconi, Andrew Steele, Jennifer Cross, Lloyd Mackenzie, Pavel Klener, and Graham Packham. Preclinical evaluation of a novel SHIP1 phosphatase activator for inhibition of PI3K signaling in malignant B-cells. Clinical Cancer Research (IF2018=8.911), accepted for publication
* SAUEROVA, Pavla, Tomas SUCHY, Monika SUPOVA, et al. Positive impact of dynamic seeding of mesenchymal stem cells on bone-like biodegradable scaffolds with increased content of calcium phosphate nanoparticles. Molecular Biology Reports [online]. 2019, 46(4), 4483-4500 [cit. 2019-10-14]. DOI: 10.1007/s11033-019-04903-7. ISSN 0301-4851. Dostupné z: http://link.springer.com/10.1007/s11033-019-04903-7
* Klener, P. Advances in Molecular Biology and Targeted Therapy of Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2019, 20, 4417. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms20184417
* PARAL Petr et al. Cell Cycle Analysis Using In Vivo Staining of DNA-Synthesizing Cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2019 May 12. doi: 10.1007/7651_2019_228. [Epub ahead of print]